Search This Blog

Wednesday 5 February 2020

ordered something...

So I finally got around to it. Placed an order with thomann.de. Microphone for vocals as well as miking the amp, midi controller, cable and microphone stand. And something special. We'll get back to that one hopefully.

As for miking the amp. I tried connecting directly to my sound interface and using software amplification. And apart from the trouble with dialing in the tone I want there was the latency issue. Huge latency. Really messed up my playing. So that's out for electric.
I also tried putting my existing microphone right up to one speaker cone. Worked nicely with my 1x12 combo. Not so much so with the 4x12 and me not wanting to go deaf. So I am going to try just having a room microphone. Might work.

Just hope the gear gets here in one piece. The 4x12 was a close call but that Kramer SM-1 I ordered back in 2018... It's no fun getting a new guitar only to find it was destroyed by the postal service. But hopefully this package will arrive unharmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment