Search This Blog

Thursday 26 September 2019

Planning My Guitaring Space

Having struggled through a few harsh years I have found myself in a position where I want to dedicate part of my livingroom for guitaring. And not tinkering so much as just playing and possibly recording in some way.

So, what is this space and what do I need to do to it?

For starters, it's my living room. As it happens, the short end of the room isn't really used for anything these days. Sure, there's a piano and a computer there but when was the last time they were used? So they're going.
The good thing about the living room is that it will pretty soon be pretty much centered in the house. It's surrounded by a hallway and the kitchen on one side, a bedroom at the other short end, a soon-to-be well insulated patio on one side... And the short wall where my guitaring space will be connects to the garage. Which should mean that neighbours will be less likely to be disturbed. This shouldn't be much of a problem either way as I haven't had any complaints so far despite having played upstairs with the windows open. Still, peace of mind mostly.

So what do I need from this space:
- I need my guitars to be there of course.
- An amplifier other than the DG60 which will then move upstairs again as it's useful when putting the girls to sleep.
- Somewhere to sit. Two seats in case I end up being atypical of myself, inviting someone to jam.
- Something for the walls. White walls are boring.
- Lighting? Party-lighting?
- Some sort of carpet or rug I think. Because naked floors are also boring really.
- Stand for sheet music and/or surfpad
- Something to put my coffee/beer/whatever on.

I decided to use CAD to help me figure this out and yesterday this was how far I had come:


If you've watched Anderton's video's on youtube, they have something along the lines of what I was imagining. That's actually what got me watching their videos in the first place...

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment